Thursday, May 28, 2009

Two months to go

Well, the hamstring is getting better, and I'm running distance as hard as I can, but it's still not 100%, so I'm not sprinting yet.  That means no hurdling or pole vaulting, so my technique work is hurting a bit.  I'll be back to sprinting about the same time we leave for a European vacation, so the pole vaulting is going to have to wait until the 1st of July now, which leaves me only about three weeks of practice before the meet.  I'll probably be able to find some tracks with hurdles in europe, so I should be ok there.  
I ran 4 miles in 26:10 today which is back on pace. The last lap was 1:24.  Just this past monday I ran it in 26:53.  I should be down to 25:30 by mid-July. The shoulder is still a problem, I think the only solution for me now is Motrin and Vicadin.  With enough painkillers I should be able to get through the second day just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment