Thursday, May 21, 2009

Aggravated hamstring- 68 Days to Worlds

In the middle of last week, I aggravated the hamstring injury, so I haven't been able to workout too hard since then.  It's getting better quickly again, so I should be running full strength here pretty soon, although it puts the decathlon on May 30th in jeopardy.  I'm concentrating so hard on the world's that I can't blow out my whole season for this "warmup" decathlon.  I do want to do it if I can, however, so I'll make the decision at the last moment.  
This past Saturday I ran 400's in 68-70, and it was pretty easy. I threw the discus before that, and realized how important it is to throw flat, and have my throwing arm come around flatter, in other words have my hand not so far below my shoulder, because then you get a wider arc, which creates more momentum at the hand.  On Sunday the 17th I just threw the shot a bit and rested the leg, and on Monday I jogged 2 miles and then tried to hurdle, but that hurt the leg, so I stopped right away.  I think I stretched the hurt hamstring too much, so I need to go easier on the stretching until it's better again.  Yesterday I rode the stationary bike for 15 minutes, lifted, then after that I jogged 30 minutes.  Today the leg is much better, so I should be able to run distance full speed. Will report later.   

No comments:

Post a Comment