Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Off to Nationals in Oshkosh

My training since I got back from Europe has been extremely frustrating because I've been hurting the whole time. I guess it's because I've been doing things that I hadn't been doing much of due to injury and vacation, but even still, it's like I was starting from scratch. My groins are both hurting, and it's not going away. I'll take two days off now before the meet on Friday, but it's possible I won't be able to do all the events. I have to get over this soreness so I can train. Despite the complaining, I have done some good hurdling and vaulting, at least I feel more confident there. In last sunday's workout I hurdled 10.3 to the seventh hurdle, which means maybe I can run in the low 16's. Yesterday I felt very smooth hurdling until I had to stop due to the pain. I haven't been throwing at all, although that doesn't worry me too much at this point. I think now I have to focus on getting as pain-free as possible, and just maintain what I conditioning I have. This means little doses of training and as much rest and healthy food as possible.
There's a good chance of rain in Finland, so I'm preparing for that as well. I have two "absorber" chamois which can keep the implements dry, and I'll have plenty of sticky stuff, etc. for the vault, and all the clothes I can carry. Hopefully they'll have tents set up around the track for the athletes.
I really wanted to jump over 21-2 this season in the lj to get on the all-time world list, and I don't have many chances (3?) to do it. I'm not too optimistic for this weekend, but let's see what happens. I have the leg strength and speed probably, but I haven't been able to practice much, so consistency will be the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment