Thursday, May 12, 2011

Finally all healthy again...

So I was sick with this upper respiratory cough for most of April really. I got sick on March 29, got better enough to workout again April 7, then had a relapse April 19, then finally was able to start working out again, albeit while still coughing some and with a drippy nose, on may 1. Only in the past week has the cough totally gone away. It's hard to know how much the sickness hurt me, because the forced rest before the outdoor season might have been some benefit also. The weather has just been horrible this spring, and that's been a real hamper also(I think it contributed to my cough as well). I've had some good technical work lately, and continue to improve in the vault. My shoulder seems to be all cured - it's almost too good to be true, because I really thought the pain would never go away as long as I was training for the decathlon. I've been throwing the javelin and the javelin ball almost as much as I want, and I KNOW this will help my javelin score, even if it's still not fantastic. I really don't know how far I'll throw. Two days ago I ran two 100m's in 11.5 and 11.6 with a walking start, so I was happy with that, because I know I can do it even faster in hotter weather later in the season. I'm doing three events on Saturday in the Hayward Classic in Eugene, the LJ, hurdles and 400, so that'll give me some practice and tell me what I need to work on the the decathlon in Dallas June 11 and 12. I think the records are in reach despite my bad April, but because my muscles and joints are healthy, it bodes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment