Monday, April 12, 2010

Kip is back...

I had a pretty good workout yesterday, did 400,300,200,100 in 56.5, 41.3, 27, 15. I wanted to run a little faster on the first 400 because I basically ran as fast as I could, but I didn't warm up a lot either. I tightened up bad in the last 100. The 300 actually felt easier, so I probably shouldn't be afraid to run a quick 200 before a 400. Then an hour later I vaulted and ran some hurdles. There's no way I could have done that last year or before. I'm basically healthy and working out harder than ever as a master, which is the good news, but the bad news for my record quest is that Kip Janvrin has come out of retirement. There's no way I can beat him, maybe 2 or 3 events, so even if I get a record in May or June, he'll demolish it after he turns 45 on July 8. That is if he finds a sanctioned dec to do after that date, which shouldn't be too hard if he tries. I'll try my best to go and do whatever dec he does just for the thrill of competing with him, but we'll see how the body holds up through three decathlons in one summer.
The vaulting is going well, I have my confidence up, and I even threw the turbo jav well last week. This Saturday I'm going to run a 100 at Hayward Field before the UofO dual meet with UCLA. They have a couple masters races, so this will be a chance to get some 100 meet practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment